Monday, January 12, 2009

The Mermaid Quilt






The MERMAID quilt. The colors are bright and bold...more clearly seen when clicking open the pictures. This little lap quilt..actually it is not so little...I worked on Thursday. The fabric is cute...it is just not my style and I do not have any plans with it...so I once it is finished...it will go into my ETSY Store. Perhaps one of you beach lovers who also like turquoise and browns (i like the beach and turquoise and brown too) would like this as your very own lap quilt...or for a friend who likes the beach or even a baby shower gift.

The fabric is from the Mendocino Collection by Heather Ross for Free Spirit Fabrics. Mendocino, Heather's newest line for Free Spirit is inspired by the years she spent on the beautiful, rugged, and remote coastline of northern California. Mermaids, seahorses, octopi large and small, and the rich colors of redwood forests, black sand beaches, and "that unfathomably rich red that is found only on the belly of a fire-belly newt" make up the collections themes and colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do like your quilt top. Perfect colors for me. I can't wait to see it up in your Etsy shop, which I must go heart now.

:) Diane