Friday, March 20, 2009

Watermelon Pincushion?





So I am trying to make a Watermelon Wrist Pincushion to enter into a Robert Kaufman Fabric contest (that I heard about on Twitter). The winner receives $250.00 in fabric...and their Etsy store will be published with pictures of the winning fruit...in ads to span the USA/World!?! And well my watermelons so far are UGLY MONKEYS. The first is too tight (even for my little wrist) not to mention wonky and the second...I sewed in the wrong spot...but thought about it and tried it as a ponytail band...and taking pictures of a ponytail behind your head...is quite difficult. So perhaps I have come up with a cute idea for little girls ponytail band in the process...now back to the drawing table.

Want to enter the contest too? Details are here:
http://www.robertkaufman.com/contest/


If you win...you owe me some fat quarters of your new fabric!

No comments: