Thursday, April 9, 2009

Red Floral Wallet






Found a million wallet tutorials online this a.m. and picked the one I liked at That Darn Kat http://darnkat.wordpress.com/quilted-fabric-wallet-tutorial/ Holds 6 credit cards (I do not have that many...only 2), insurance cards, drivers license, etc. And 2 slots for cash money (I do not carry money...maybe 3 dollars at a time).

It went down pretty easy...free motioned more red fabric onto quilted material. All I need now is a rhinestone button and a little whip stitching (that I can't do until I sew the button on). I can get a button at JoAnn's. So let's see cost of a new custom quilted diaper bag and wallet...$2.50 (the button). Not a bad deal.

A minor dilemma...how do I retire my black and white polka dot Kate Spade wallet? Jake surprised me with it 4 years ago along with a pink and brown polka dot Kate Spade purse (I didn't pick them out and he never knew they didn't match?)...and it still looks great! Oh Kate Spade...until another day.

No comments: