Thursday, May 28, 2009

Upcycling T-Shirts




Ok...I found a FAN-tastic sight this morning...I was looking for ways to Upcycle T-shirts...Jackpot! Craftstylish is the name.

I started with one of hubbie's old white XL t-shirts...read the Yoke Neck tutorial...and just stopped after tying off the basting stitches. I also cut the sleeve hems and bottom hem off...so all edges are raw. And no I won't wear this shirt in public...it is just my tester shirt. I do like the fit...and will be great when I am preg again...so easy maternity shirts...this took minutes.

Yoke Neck Yoke Neck Tutorial

Then I tried it on one of my size medium shirts...and used the seem ripper to take the hem out...(I'm tall I always want more length.) Nice.

Others I am going to try. We have millions of t-shirts...and they are always giving them away at Georgia Tech games...now I can girly them up a bit.

Cardigan will be super cute with a little tank underneath!
Cardigan Tutorial

Pin Tucks Pin Tuck Tutorial

Ok so the next time you are at a concert and they run out of your size buy a size or two or three larger and make it your own!

oops...I forgot to show the cowl also...
Cowl Tutorial

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love that! So cute!!

CocoJ126 said...

Look at you getting all bloggie...now that Twilight is over. Yeah!