Monday, March 23, 2009

Let's Face It


Alright guys...moment of truth. We are the new faces of America. We are part of the economic plunge. We are LAID OFF (I was a stay at home mom...will I go back to work now?). We've seen it coming for 6 months. And Friday it happened. Jake was cut...along with several other good hardworking people in his company. This was round 3 of layoffs and some shops are now closing. And after 3 pay cuts over the last 8 months...we were hit with the dodge ball. So we live on what we have...I've been couponing/thrift store shopping for 2 years...we have no credit card debit...we are sending resumes and going to make the best of our Stay-cation. Like parks, picnics, the zoo, the aquarium...and whatever else is free. Welcome to the bigger than the great depression depression.

(We took this picture Saturday a.m. at the free Touch-A-Truck event. And laughed about all the fun things we are going to do in the mean time.)

Keep your chin up...and pray. That is the best thing we can do.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We are 'waiting' for my husband to get laid off. I suppose it's fortunate that I've been the bread winner- but I don't want to be. I want to spend those precious moments with my kids, but a full tummy and a roof is important too. Make the best of what you have, good for you for visiting all those places you meant to get to someday. I'll pray for it to work out the way you want it too!