Monday, May 11, 2009

Ride To Live

So Saturday, we hung out at Hooters all day. WHAT? Yeah...we did...at Ride to Live for Diabetes. How did we get involved? Jake's brother has diabetes Type I and Jake's Uncle Chuck is one of the guys who makes the ride happen.

(My father and paternal grandmother also have/had diabetes.) Brian Jordan, former Atlanta Brave, was there...he is SUCH a great guy. He served as the Grand Marshall on the motorcycles.

We hung out under the mailbox tent...and rode in the lead truck!

Though the lull of 450 motorcycles quickly put C.J. to sleep?

I hate that I didn't mention it sooner...because they had a bikini contest...and Jake's Nana and her friend, Barbara, were in it. Just kidding! They were embarrassed that I even took their picture by the sign.

If you would be interested in donating a decorated mailbox

or items for the silent auction next year...just let me know.

No comments: