Monday, July 27, 2009

It's a Kenmore! ! !






Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! for all of your help and suggestions. I really could not see myself spending $600-$800-1200 for a machine when a $300 or $400 might do the trick for me...after all I think I was doing pretty darn good free motioning with my old Simplicity. I simply consider myself to be an advanced beginner. And so...I read and looked online and saw that Sears Kenmore machines are made by Janome...and decided to go with a non-brand name machine. I bought my new machine today at Sears on sale plus $15.00 off. It is just a simple Computerized Kenmore with 110 stitches, it has a needle threader and wow all that is a step up so YEAH! I did have to buy the open toe foot separate...so my total right at $300.00 with a 1 year warranty and 1 free cleaning and servicing. I've given it only this little test run on the blue sandwiched material and it is quiet and smooth. So YEAH...I have got to go sew now. TTFN.

Ps...I even had brain fart today driving home...oh yeah duh...I have a sewing table...it is being used in the guest/art bedroom as the bedside table...oh boy I drug that thing down stairs so fast when I got home...no more sewing on my wiggly card table.

No comments: